WELCOME TO BLOCKPHASSIONCLOTHING.BLOGSPOT.COM

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jay Z Dropping New Book “Decoded” In November!

jay-z1

Jay Z is finally dropping his long over due book, “Decoded”. Jay-Z collaborated with former The Source editor Dream Hampton on the book, which includes 336 pages worth of interviews with Jay-Z’s family and friends as well as the rapper, himself. This should make an interesting read since Jay Z is not one to display many emotions in public, or take pictures (believe me- we know), and has been seen as guarded when it comes to his personal life.

When Rolling Stone spoke to Jay-Z for the 2010 cover story he talked about why he was reluctant to release the autobiographical work, even though it was completed several years ago. “It’s too much. For the book, I was interviewed, people close to me were interviewed. So I was learning a lot of things I didn’t know as a child,” Jay-Z told RS. “It’s not anything I haven’t said in the past, in songs. It’s just more detailed. A song is three minutes long. A book doesn’t have to rhyme, and it has no time limit, so you can say exactly how everything went.”

No comments:

Post a Comment